Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Safe Landing in Cincinnati

We're safely in Cincinnati. It's 7 o'clock here (6 o'clock Central Time) and we've already eaten and are very ready for bed. We've got a full day of testing tomorrow (back to back tests from 8 am to 4:30) followed by a team doctor consultation at 5:30 to determine a go/no-go for surgery on Thursday.

Melissa said I'd summarize our flight arrangements. Northwest Airlines will give you an emergency medical flight fare if you're going to visit someone in the hospital, but they won't give you a fare if you're going to the hospital. ??? I indicated that I'll be visiting my wife who will be in the hospital - but because she wan't already admitted - they wouldn't give us the rates.

My mother (Patricia) is known for being unrelentless with salesmen and service people. Well sometimes I get a little of that in me too as I found out it takes three layers of service people at NWA to get the right fare. You might say I disagreed with their reasoning for giving out the fare. Hopefully they adjust it soon so other people aren't inconvienced by it. Thankfully my persistence paid off and we're at least $1,500 for the better for it.

I'd like to quickly mention that on the plane ride Melissa indicated she feels that vibes make a difference in life, and all of the good vibes and thoughts we're getting from people really helps. It's time likes these that different perspectives of life open themselves to you. We'll never see things exactly the same way again.

We'll I'll sign off as we're watching the beginning of American Idol - at the Target Center on tv. We've only seen some pretty miserable singing for now and hope that someone steps up for the North Star state soon.

Good night.

Matt

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to hear you arrived safely and at a lower than retail price :) Good for you Matt.

Ella and I have been saying a prayer for you all every night. She wonders why "those babies" get special prayers -- so now I need to add a special prayer about her health :) Ella's also very curious about the idea of two babies in one belly. Here's to many good vibes tomorrow.

Nicole Netland said...

Oppps. gs usability is me, Nicole. Didn't realize I was still logged in my other account. Excuse me, I'm new to this whole Interweb thing :)

Anonymous said...

Matt and Missy (Elsa and Bea,
Good Luck with EVERYTHING tomorrow. You have been in all of our prayers. I know you made a wonderful decision and we wish you all the best. We love you all. Talk to you soon...until then God Bless. Love Kelly and James

Anne Hatfield said...

Hi Matt and Missy,

I can't tell you how much I've been thinking of you all over the last few days. I can't even begin to imagine the stress you guys are under. Thankfully, you have each other and a lot of friends and family to support you. I also believe that positive thoughts/vibes go a long way! Please know our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time. We will be anxiously awaiting your news!
Love, Anne, Chris, Lucas and Maddie

Anonymous said...

I have to say it Matt...your wheeling-and-dealing sounds like something only my husband would do (:
Thinking of you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have to say it Matt...your wheeling-and-dealing sounds like something only my husband would do (:
Thinking of you guys!
Brian and Kate