Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Happy Appointment

Hi everyone!

We went to the doctor today - our first visit since coming home. Everything looks really good. There are still a few things to watch, for example, my fluid level is high again. But all-in-all, it was a good day. The only sad part came when I had to wait in line for the bathroom in front of the wall of "successful twins" pictures. That made me a little teary, but I'm truly happy for all of those parents and babies.

Bea was actually pretty calm for the ultrasound today (they said she was "active" but if they thought that was active, they don't know Bea!) Her heart and dopplers were good. They actually said she is starting to look chubby. We like chubby - since birthweight is a big factor for premies.

Spending FIVE whole hours out of the house (not to mention getting ready to leave the house) took a lot out of me, though. Phew, I'm tired. Tomorrow, when I have more energy, I will post one or two of Bea's ultrasound pictures -- so you can see what she looks like. (well, you'll sort of see what she looks like... it's all a little grainy - I'll point out the highlights.)

More tomorrow,
Melissa

No comments: