Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Bea's Glamour Shots

Hi All. As promised, here are a couple pictures of Beatrice.

Picture 1: She is facing you, with her hand up by her head. It kind of looks like she is giving you a salute - or maybe she's waving hello. I like this picture a lot because you can see her eyes, nose, and mouth. The black spot on her belly is her bladder (which looks black, because it's full of fluid). To the left of her bladder you can see a little bit of her umbilical cord, which looks like a series of white dots. This picture was taken last week in Cincinnati.

Picture 2: In this picture, Bea is obviously trying yoga. She is lying on her back with her feet crossed above her belly (you can't really see her legs and feet, but I promise she has some)! This picture was taken yesterday.

I know some people think ultrasound pictures make babies look like aliens... but I think they're pretty cute. It's even better in person when you can see her moving around and kicking. In Cincinnati, we could see Bea very clearly sucking her thumb, with her little cheeks moving in and out as she did it.

And yes, due to popular demand, I will (relunctantly) post a picture of Matt and me soon, so those of you who know one of us can see what the other looks like.... and everyone can get a good look at my belly (you won't need the little arrow to identify that!).

Lastly, I put a picture of Elsa (from Dec. 4) in Matt's post called "The Light" below, in case you'd like to see her as well.

Hope you enjoy them!
Melissa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bea looks like a miracle.
And here I am, at a loss for words.
Love, Jenny C.

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you all often. You're updates are great. I'm finally getting caught up and had a chance to write and let you know you all are in our hearts and prayers. We look forward to seeing you guys soon.
Many thoughts,
Brian and Katie