Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday February 20th

We had another awesome ultrasound today. It was easily the shortest ultrasound visit we've had yet. They did a quick scan of everything and didn't see any problems. What was astonishing was they didn't see an immediate need to schedule us for another ultrasound. We're not accustomed to people not worrying about us. It's very foreign. So we anticipate having the new-normal 60 second doctor visitation each morning for a while, hopefully a long while.

The bad news with the quick ultrasound was they didn't give us a weight. It's always fun to monitor growth especially if you're a numbers guy (like an engineer). Five weeks ago she was at 12 ounces. Two weeks ago (13 days to be specific) she was at 1 pound 7 ounces (23 ounces) and one week ago she was at 1 pound 9 ounces (25 ounces). So I'm guessing we'll be nearing 2 pounds (32 ounces) next week. The accuracy of the measurement is +/- 3 ounces. Her loss of fluid could slow things down but since she's getting older she should be accelerating her growth a bit.

I hope to have another boring blog tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also just had my first experience with sodoku. We were out of town this past weekend which allowed me some free time on the plane...fun, fun!
Glad to hear you're still pregnant! Continue to rest.
Thinking of you all,
Katie and Brian

Anonymous said...

We are always glad to hear that little Bea (the miracle baby) is staying nice and snug. We are always glad to here she is gaining weight. I was only 2 pounds 9 ozs. when I was born way back in 1948. (God that is so long ago) I guess I was a miracle baby being they didn't have all the great medical tech they have now. Lets hope little Bea waits until at least Easter. She can be a little bunny. Well my message sounds stupid today. Most be the drugs I took for my back. I need to blame it on something weird. We love you and can't wait to see you and baby, Brian and Denise