Saturday, February 24, 2007

Snowy Saturday

Today marks the second week Melissa's been in the hospital. I tell her it's actually the 15th day so that makes it two weeks and one day (every day counts). The doctors said not very many people make it more than two weeks after a water rupture so we're finally on the good side of the odds. Some people make it 10 weeks so there's no reason we can't do that. Melissa's rupture was likely caused by the surgery, so it's my theory that her sac has a small isolated tear as opposed to a large structural tear other women may have before leaking. Thus Melissa and Bea are much more structurally sound and should be capable of going for quite a while. Her uterus and Bea's vital signs have been very stable all week so there's no reason for anything but optimism.

The nurses and doctors have consistently been very happy with Bea's heart rate tracing and indicated she's well ahead of her time. I'm starting a new theory that Melissa's diligence with aerobics and my persistence of just about every sport I can participate in (I've announced that no one can beat me on the eliptical) hopefully have passed a strong cardiovascular system to Bea. I never thought about how good physical genes and diligence from parents could possibly make an impact at a time like this when Bea's strength and stamina will be tested more than at any time in her life. It might not make any impact but you never know.

Melissa indicated the view outside the hospital is like a snow globe. I said that's fine as long as no one shakes her real hard. I actually took Bullet for a walk and he looked like a polar bear when we came back in.

No comments: