Friday, February 16, 2007

It's Friday, I'm Still Pregnant!

Hello, it's Melissa (Well, Matt is acting as my personal assistant by typing this remotely). I guess no news is good news. Yesterday was a fairly uneventful day on the medical front. I had a lot of leakage all day, but the doctors say that's nothing to worry about. A couple of weeks ago my dad put in a new faucet and shut-off valve in our upstairs bathroom. Yesterday I told him to stop by Menards (hardware store) and get a shut off valve for me - but he said he didn't think they work for people. Bummer.

As Matt has alluded to in the last few blogs - this experience is turning me into a world-class worrier. It is against my nature to just lay around during a crisis. I'd much rather be working on something to keep my mind off things. Laying around may be the hardest work I've ever done. Anyway, I worry about every twinge and every drop of fluid. The nurses keep telling me that that is how parenthood is...worry, worry, worry - so get used to it.

There are things I'm not worried about. Today is February 16th, which is my Grandma's 87th birthday. When she was born in a Wisconsin farmhouse in 1920 it was so cold that her mother's hair froze to the bed. I can confidently say that having my hair freeze to the bed is not a worry! Well I suppose there could be a freak snow storm that cuts of all power to the hospital, but that's not too likely. Right?

Well that's about all there is to report. As long as things are stable here, phone calls and visitors are welcome. (Please note that visitors have to be healthy - Bea and I are very susceptible to colds/infections). Thanks again to everyone for your kind words, thoughts, and support!

Love, Melissa (& Bea).


Matt (practicing his new stern Dad voice) says visitors must also wash their hands immediately upon entering the room and cell phones are not allowed on the floor and in many other areas of the hospital because they interfere with monitoring equipment.

3 comments:

seahorsemama said...

Melissa (Matt & Bea too),
We have been reading Matt's updates and are happy that you and Bea are being well taken care of. It is good to finally read your email/blog, not matter what you always seem so positive. We wish we could come visit, but we'll make it out there when it isn't so cold, just the word "freezing" makes me cold.

Love,
Eric & Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Matt and Melissa,
We're so glad things are going ok yet and that Bea is still waiting to be born. You're in our prayers every day. Thanks for taking the time to write the blog. Rest well, all of you.

Anonymous said...

It seems like everything is progressing well and little Bea is staying right where she should be. I am glad you are both well and that everyday is a true blessing. You wouldn't be a good Mother if you didn't worry about your child. I can see that little Bea will have very protective parents that love her with all their heart. I look forward to your blog everyday. Love, Brian and Denise (p.s. give your mom a big hug from me.)