Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hello from the hospital

Hello from the hospital – it’s Melissa. Matt brought his laptop to the hospital today, so I’m typing for the first time in almost 20 days! Of course, there’s still no Internet – but maybe a break from the Internet (first time since 1993) isn’t such a bad thing.

Well, today is MARCH 1! Hooray. Bea will not have a February birthday. I remember thinking back in January that if the Cincinnati doctors were right she’d have a March birthday and how early that was. Now, March seems like such a blessing.

This morning, I’m actually having some mild contractions and my belly is quite sore. That could mean something as harmless as my belly is stretching or it could mean something more serious like an infection. So they’ll be doing a mini-ultrasound in my room today or tomorrow to have a look.

It doesn’t seem to be bothering Bea, she did well on the monitor today. Bea is monitored for about two hours each day. It’s fun to watch – she has all kinds of antics. When Matt talks to her, her heart rate skyrockets. She has also learned that it is very fun to kick the monitor and mess with the nurses. She used to just kick her heart rate monitor, but lately she’s been kicking the contraction monitor, too (which screws up the readings.)

Well, Matt is getting ready to leave for work, so I’m getting cut off. It is snowing like crazy outside – I can’t even see the other building of the hospital. So everybody be safe, but get out and enjoy the snow storm for me!

No comments: