Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spreading the "Love" on Valentine's Day

Our Bea sure knows how to celebrate holidays. You may remember her cold-cough-pinkeye Thanksgiving. Well, Valentine's Day was even better. It was the all-out (and I mean ALL OUT) stomach flu. And, generous little soul, she didn't just keep the flu to herself. She spread it to EVERYONE she knows.

- WEDNESDAY: Bea sent home sick from daycare. Grandma and Grandpa Rach help with her because Matt is at school.
- THURSDAY: Melissa (that's me) got sick during a special Valentine's dinner out with Matt. Grandma Ruble and Auntie Karyn were watching Bea (unfortunately for them).
- FRIDAY: Grandpa Rach and CJ (the daycare teacher) get it. Grandma Rach gets a light dose.
- SATURDAY: Matt down for the count.
- SUNDAY: Grandma Ruble goes down.
- MONDAY: Auntie Karyn joins the club.

This flu is a whopper. Of the SEVEN adults that got it from her, each of us spent a lot of quality time (various reasons) in the bathroom and at least 2-3 days recovering.

Although this Valentine's Day was pretty grim, I have to say it was better then last year - which was spent in the hospital praying Bea wouldn't be born. As we go through February, every day is like an anniversary for me. I remember each day of last year so clearly. I remember desperately hoping that we would make it to Valentine's Day...and then Feb. 27 (my grandpa's birthday) -- but not really thinking it would happen. (If you read last year's blogs from February, the desperation is pretty obvious.) So, each day in February, I am so thankful that it isn't Bea's birthday and that I am out running around on the town (or at least in my own bathroom)!

Anyway, sorry for not putting up a blog last week. Just be glad you weren't anywhere near us.

Melissa

No comments: