Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bea-utiful Day

Today, Bea had another good day in the hospital. She breastfed twice for 8 minutes and 10 minutes. The second time she had her mouth open before they even got her out of the incubator! It was pretty funny. She still needs to keep the lights on for the jaundice. Additionally, her IV has been moved to her head, which bothers Dad a lot, but it is nicer for Bea then on the leg or arm, since she likes to move her limbs a lot. But, other then that, she's doing real well.

I (Melissa) am feeling better each day. My legs are really swollen from the birth, IVs, and walking for the first time in months. So, walking is not pleasant, but all of the other birth-related stuff is healing nicely as far as I can tell.

Well, that's all to report today. We'll let you know more as it happens. :) - M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, I think I came to visit a week ago Sunday - somehow, the days have slipped by since then without a blog check - imagine my shock when I logged on today and saw photos of Bea!!

There she is! Live and in person! After so long!

I'm overwhelmed with relief and joy for you both. What a glorious thing it must be to finally hold that precious girl in your arms.

And what a glorious thing to be HOME! Before you know it, Bea will join you ... sounds like she's on the fast track to life outside the special care nursery. What a little firecracker.

Can't wait to see you all.

Much love,
Kristina