Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Six Months Old: Daddy better win.





This was taken when Daddy's friends were over for cards. I walked in and Uncle Gravy (Dad's cards partner) was "putting Bea in the pot"... good thing they won that hand. From left to right that's Drew, Gravy, Bea, Ry, and Dad.


AS OF OCT. 6, BEA IS SIX MONTHS OLD!!


Since becoming a big six monther, Bea thinks she is pretty hot stuff -- she can even sit up by herself for almost a minute. She sits in her high chair now (her bouncy seat is so last month). In addition, she can pick things up (and throw them on the floor), she puts everything in her mouth, and drools pretty much all the time. Bea really likes music, especially at bedtime or naptime. And speaking of sleep, she's getting a lot better at it: sleeping usually at least six hours a night. Lastly, she is going to try eating some solid foods this week!


She had her six month doctor appointment and it was full of good news... until it got to the shots. But, back to the good news: Her acid reflux is doing well and hopefully we'll be able to take her off her medicine fairly soon. That also means that Mom can start adding foods back to her diet... like dairy! Well, this week it's just yogurt but I can almost taste the ice cream sundae. And, even better, next week we can start using milk from the breastmilk freezer!! Cheers all the way around.


Here are a few pictures to enjoy of Bea and her new talents: sitting in the high chair and drooling.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi My friend Bea,
It was so nice to hear from you. Thanks for the idea of writing to eachother...we can make a great pair.
So I see in your picture you also have one of my favorite toys...the red bird. Man, do I love that bird. And did you know we have the SAME highchair? I can't wait until my mommy puts me in it so I can look cool like you. I am getting sick of these baby things too. As for my swing...I loved to swing in it but lately I am a fan of that play mat thing with all the fun toys that I can bat at and kick. That has been my new fun. I love to talk to all my toys and the bugs on the swing aren't cutting it anymore.
How are you over coming your acid reflux? I read that you are almost done with taking your medicine. I can't wait for that day. My mom says it smells like Peppermint Schnapps and I can't figure out why they don't just give me that instead...I bet it would be better than this medicine. Yet I can't complain too much since it does seem to be helping and same with the cereal. What was that your mom was going to talk to my mom about with the cereal? My mom is new at this all and could use some suggestions.

Well, I can't wait to meet you. Talk to you soon.

Love,
Gwen

P.S. We should get together and play cards sometime...my mom mentioned "Guts", but I don't know what that is so maybe you could teach me.