Sunday, August 19, 2007

ER

We had our first trip to the Emergency Room Friday night. Bea was unhappy all day and it got worse during the evening. By late evening she appeared reactive to pushes on her stomach and after speaking to our on-call pediatrician, we went to the ER at childrens hospital.

It was weird in that it was the first time Bea was in Children's hospital because we thought she would be there before she came home from the hospital after delivery. They hooked Bea up to a monitor to take her blood pressure and I swear I don't ever need to see Bea or Melissa hooked up to medical equipment ever again. I used to enjoy going to the hospital and doctor, but it looks like I'm still burnt out and have way to many uncomfortable recent feelings there.

In summary the doctor didn't find anything other then possibly a scratched eye, so we got a prescription and left the hospital around 12:30 am. Melissa and I both think it must have been some abdominal pain that passed through.

Melissa's parents took possession of their new house nearby in Bloomington on Friday and the movers come with their stuff tomorrow. I finished my summer school final last weekend and I have about three weeks before the fall semester starts over. Unfortunately with my participation on one of the 35W bridge design build teams above other workload, there won't be much of a break. Not that it's been all bad as I've only got 100 pages left to finish Harry Potter. It's about time for my turn to play and take care of Bea and knock off a few more pages of Harry while I burp her and get her to fall asleep.

No comments: