Monday, July 16, 2007

Thanks, Bea! You're So Thoughtful!

Hi Everyone, it's Melissa here with an update. Things are starting to get a lot better around here. We think Bea is around 12 pounds by now -- which is more than 3x her birthweight. She is starting to smile a lot and she is sleeping a lot more. So, everyone around here is happy, happy, happy. Except between 7:30-8:30 p.m. which we call "the witching hour" during that hour she screams bloody murder. But, we'll take smiley, sleepy 23 hours and one bad one. We're definitely moving in the right direction.

Friday (the 13th) was my birthday - and was it ever a good one. Bea started off the day in grand style, by giving me her gift: sleeping for SIX HOURS in a row Thursday night. And, she did it again Friday night. Amazing! I felt so refreshed!

In addition, for more birthday festivities, I did a "status check" with my pre-pregnancy jeans (how much further do I have to go to fit into them...) and guess what... I got them on! Whoo-hoo! I was totally not expecting that. They are a bit tight, but that's the way it goes. I actually weigh 40 lbs less then I did right before Bea was born, but I still have a bit to go before I get to my pre-pregnancy weight. The non-dairy diet is probably at least helping me out in the weight loss area.

I got nice gifts from Matt and my parents, too. Then Matt and I went out for a little adult time (dinner and a movie). We went to Cafe Brenda downtown (very grown up) - however, then I chose Harry Potter for the movie. I know I probably should have chosen something at least rated R for my big night on the town, but I really enjoy the Harry movies in the theater. Let me tell you, this Harry Potter movie is scary. Seriously, not for small kids at all. I left the theater thinking I just saw this generation's "Empire Strikes Back" moment. For those of you who didn't see the Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back when you were about 10 years old -- it gave you nightmares for weeks. And, I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of nightmares from this movie.

In other news, Bea is getting out and about a lot more lately herself. She has now been to the grocery store, target, and last week we went to a baby party at my friend Kristina's house. Kristina who was due at the same time as me, happens to know 12 other people who were due at the same time -- so she invited all the moms and babies over to her house! It was hillarious all the mommies, their tiny 4-week babies, and their stylish diaper bags. We had a great time.

Hope all is well for you!
Melissa

1 comment:

seahorsemama said...

Thanks for the updates, Melissa. Sounds like Bea is doing awesome. I can't wait for the day when Jackson sleeps for 6 hours, what a blessing. After a rough night last night, I feel like it won't come fast enough. I think Jackson is around 11 pounds, but growing fast, isn't it crazy how fast they grow. I tried to put on this outfit on him today, and it was too small! He'll be 7 weeks on Friday, have you seen his website? jacksonjameswallace.com. There are some funny pictures of him.
-Stephanie