Sunday, June 3, 2007

WAH!, Moooo, and More

Yawn. We're tired around here.

Last week when Bea had her shots she learned something new -- the extremely loud cry (we'll call it the "ELC"). The ELC goes something like this: WAH! [breath] WAH! [breath] WAH! WAH! WAH! WAH! [breath, breath, breath, breath]. I'm sure our neighbors can hear it clearly. Last night, she did it so loud it made Bullet start to whine. Generally, she only uses the ELC when she's hungry. She'll be smiling one minute and in full-on ELC the next. She also likes to do it at 4:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. each night for extended periods. Then last night, she did it for Dad for several hours straight. We hope that was the pinnacle.


One reason I'm not as tired is I'm weaning off of the breast pump. I used to pump 8 times a day for 30 minutes. Now I'm down to 2 times a day for 10 minutes! It's amazing the time that frees up! :) And, I no longer feel like a farm animal. I was starting to Moo. Just for kicks here is the picture of the free standing freezer we have specifically for breastmilk. This picture is from about three weeks ago. Everything you see in the picture is breastmilk, except (appropriately) for the jugs. The jugs have since been replaced with more breastmilk. As you can tell, we're well stocked. Bea will not starve. I told Matt we need a generator in case the power goes out. I would be seriously p-o'd if this all went to waste.

OK, that's all for now. (This is probably the most bizzare post yet! As I said, we're tired. haha.)

Melissa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy,
Your most recent entry made me laugh uncontrollably. It was hilarious. It's a little before 6 a.m. and my allergies are acting up. Thanks for making my day!!!
See you very soon.

Anonymous said...

OOPS, I forgot to sign my note.

Love you,
Deb